Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
AWS will judge applications on several factors, including the innovation, the overall value the solution will bring to the industry, the creative application of AWS to solve problems, and the team’s ability to deliver on an identified opportunity.
We will select 10-12 startups to participate in this six-week accelerator. Selected startups will receive AWS Activate Credits, as well as technical, business, and go-to-market mentorship from AWS Sustainable City experts. The program will also offer collaboration opportunities with AWS customers, members of Amazon Partner Network (APN), and other public and private sector customers looking for sustainable infrastructure and built environment solutions.
After the accelerator wraps up, AWS and Freshwater Advisors will curate a virtual demo day to showcase the participating companies and solutions developed to key global stakeholders and potential customers to help catalyze their deployment and mission to impact the sustainable cities of the future.
You can submit applications online from September 12 through October 21. Freshwater Advisors, Public Spend Forum, and Amazon Web Services (AWS) will thoroughly review all applications, and we will notify the 10-12 selected companies by November 4.
- AWS technical support and up to $100K AWS Activate Credits.
- Access to customers in the market actively looking for solutions like yours.
- Valuable mentoring and insights from diverse industry experts, including leading corporations, public sector customers, investors, and more.
There is no equity or financial obligation to participate. The accelerator is open to any early-stage company that meets the following criteria:
- Focuses on sustainable infrastructure and built environment solutions relevant for urban environments, including smart buildings, energy efficiency solutions, emissions tracking software, technologies for the built environment, materials marketplaces, data analytics, EV charging for buildings, or sustainability reporting.
- Can commit 5-15 hours / week throughout the six-week virtual accelerator.
- Participants must be fluent in English and able to join video conference events, primarily held during US Central Time business hours.
Selected startups will receive up to $100k of AWS Activate Credits, as well as technical, business, and go-to-market mentorship from AWS Sustainable Cities experts. The program will also offer collaboration opportunities with AWS customers and members of Amazon Partner Network (APN) looking for sustainable infrastructure / built environment solutions.
After the accelerator concludes, AWS and Freshwater Advisors will curate a virtual demo day to showcase the participating companies and the solutions they developed to key global stakeholders and potential customers. This will help catalyze their deployment and impact building the sustainable cities of the future.
For questions about the application or program, or if you would like to get involved as a program mentor, speaker, or corporate partner, please contact us at [email protected]